Drink is the definitive reference guide for the cocktail renaissance. Inside, you'll find something to satisfy everyone's taste.
This ultimate cocktail book features:
- Over 1,100 easy-to-follow cocktail recipes that span the wide world of spirits
- A brief history of cocktails
- A comprehensive guide to homemade ingredients, including infusions, shrubs, and simple syrups
- Necessary tools to make great cocktails and an explanation of terms
- A guide to selecting the right spirits and perfectly garnishing your cocktails
- The importance of ice in a cocktail
- Chapters specifically dedicated each type of spirit, along with a chapter for mocktails and non-alchoholic beverages
- Interviews and signature recipes from industry insiders from bars and bartenders from around the world, from New York City to New Orleans, Belfast to Buenos Aires, and beyond.
This tour around the world of cocktails will help you enhance every experience from making a cocktail for yourself or a punch for a party.
Born in Brooklyn, with stints in PA, Boston, and DC before returning to his beloved New York, Kurt Maitland started his whisk(e)y journey with drams of Jameson, the beloved drink of a college friend. From there he moved on to appreciating Maker’s Mark and Knob Creek and has been exploring the world of whiskey ever since. He currently nurses a fascination with old books on the whiskey industry, dead distilleries, and a love of Japanese whisky that led him to be consulted by The Atlantic. Kurt is one of the best-known faces in New York City’s whiskey circuit. He is currently the Deputy Editor of the Whiskey Reviewer website, has released a book on cocktails called Drink, and is in the process of wrapping his second book on Cocktails.
[H] Cider Mill Press / April 30, 2019
1.9" H x 10.9" L x 7.4" W (4.2 lbs) 848 pages